Saturday, February 16, 2008

# 6 Desperate for Desperate

Desperate Housewives is my favorite TV show ever. Some might say it is too much stupid drama but I think it is great! It is a show about a ritzy neighborhood and all the drama that happens with all the neighbors. Since the whole show is over exaggerated about drama, my favorite character is Gabby. She always ends up in these crazy situations and it is so amusing to watch her get out of them. She makes up her mind about things so quickly and always gets her way. With this show it is not just one plot with the same characters, there are multiple things happening. There are five main housewives, and each one is different. They all consider themselves friends even though most of them talk about each other behind their backs. To me it is funny because half of the drama would never happen. The show normally plays on Sunday nights but it has been out on hold for a long time because of the writers strike. I heard on the news that some writers are returning so I really hope it’s true for Desperate Housewives!

2 comments:

DJ said...

What attracted me to this blog was the title's alliteration, for some reason i had a feeling that it was in reference to the show "Desperate Housewives" I knew I had to give my two pennies worth. Since i'm the type of guy who thinks that watching baseless T.V shows is a complete waste of time,(unless it's a show of the "yester-years")I don't make the effort to stick to a shows weekly airing schedule, simply because I find myself absorbed in some form of relative work or task. However when it comes to the news that's an "indulgence" if you want to call it that, that i'm willing to drop everything and go attend to. One can learn so much from watching the news. For me BBC is my prefered news broadcaster since it's reporting is relatively accurate and not biased in comparison to the inadequate broadcasting of the local news stations in America and CNN.

I just despise wasting time on materialistic stuff, such as T.V, parties, and especially facebook, or as i call it "Queerbook" since the ridiculous amount of time people spend staring at others pictures and sending each other applications that ask you which stripper's name best suits you, or whether you want to slay a vampire is just simply queer.
To conlude perhaps if we did more than watch in anticipation who the next participant makes it to the next round in "American Idol" and watched in anticipation the real issues that are affecting our world, and what really matters DESPERATELY hoping for a resolution to global problems then we would all be better off!

Jenna Hayes said...

I am also beyond "Desperate for Desperate." I have been waiting in anticipation for the writer's strike to end and for the show to come back on air on Sunday nights.

I didn't start watching the show when it first aired on ABC. In fact I waited for two whole seasons to pass before I decided to give it a shot. My mom and sister were always talking about how good it was, but I just didn't ever have the time to get caught up with the show. That was true until I got my tonsils taken out about a year ago. I rented seasons 1 & 2 and layed in my bed and watched episode after episode until I was completely caught up. Now I am 100% addicted to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

My favorite character is also Gabby because she is always surrounded by the most interesting drama and scandals (like with her and Carlos and all the steamy affairs). Susan is also a great character just because she is absolutely clueless and still loves being a part of all the "high-school" drama. I cannot wait 'till it comes back on! My sundays are incomplete without it!