Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Farewell Blogs

As the semester comes to an end, there are many flaws in my writing that I think I have overcome. The argumentative writing style has greatly shaped my way of projecting claims, and being able to fully support them. In the past, I have always struggled with giving a clear statement on supporting what my topic is, and with the help of this style my writing has improved. Not to say that my writing is superb or anything, but it is in the process of becoming much better, and I truly look forward to using this style in the rest of my years at TCU.
Ever since we began watching Seinfeld in class, I have thoroughly enjoyed every episode by viewing it in depth and dissecting the underlying meaning in each situation. I have always been a huge Seinfeld fan, but now I appreciate the show on a whole new level. As a Radio/TV/Film major, this particular sort of analyzing sparks my interest and helps me engage and become more in-tune to the undertones of the humor and jokes used by the characters. Possibly the hardest thing for me and these blogs was limiting my writing to only 250 words. In the end, it has paid off, and I now am able to put forth my most direct points without excessive commentary and useless information. Overall, this was a mind-opening experience and I am very thankful for the opportunity to become more insightful on the argumentative writing style.

No comments: