Friday, April 25, 2008

#14: Farewell Blogs, I hardly knew ye

Through the course of our class on Seinfeld we have learned how one of the most successful sitcoms of all time was truly one of the most unique television series to date. We have used the blog system to practice writing, think critically, and grasp the skill of brevity while writing. While I have enjoyed learning about plot narratives, mise-en-scene, traditional character roles, and the ways in which Seinfeld shatters the norms of television, I have not embraced the blog system to the fullest. I failed to write the blogs for a number of the weeks due to my own forgetfulness, however I did learn and improve my writing with this course in different ways. I improved my ways of writing introductions, conclusions, and cutting out the unnecessary ramblings that most writing contains before revision. Coming into this class I had a completely different view of how to write an introduction for a paper such as the ones we have written, which has been blown away at this point. I have learned to bring out an argumentative point in the introduction, illustrate examples to be used in the paper, and then go into a thesis statement that can be argued from either perspective. While my performance was not as good as it should be, the class has helped me and taught me a lot abut writing, and even more about the saga of Seinfeld

No comments: