Thursday, April 24, 2008

#14 Some Learning, Sadly No Hugging

When taking an English composition class, the last thing you expect to do is analyze Seinfeld. However, after the fifteen weeks already spent in here, I have learned so much from watching this sitcom about thinking critically and looking more in depth at something in popular culture. For example, I am writing an eight page paper on how Seinfeld seems to be obsessed with the penis, yet it is not a shallow, meaningless paper because after looking into the episodes of Seinfeld, there is a lot more to it than juvenile jokes. 
One thing that I loved about this class was that I was able to turn in my writing to be edited as many times as I could. Although I wish I used this opportunity more, the times I did turn it in it really seemed to improve my writing, and from those few times I learned lots of things that will make my writing better overall. For instance, explaining my points and topics better to give it significance to the paper, and giving sources sometimes to make it a stronger point. 
I will definitely take what I learned from this class and use it later in my schooling and even life because popular culture is everywhere, and if you look close enough into something, you can find a deeper meaning, just like what we did this year with Seinfeld.

No comments: