Saturday, February 2, 2008

#4: SEIN-QUEENS

Everytime when I watch an episode of SEINFELD I always associate to the sitcom called KING OF QUEENS. I know that I only make the association not only because of Jerry Stiller who is George's and Carrie's father and both shows SEINFELD and KING OF QUEENS but also because they make the two fat guys George Costanza(Jason Alexander) and Doug Heffernan(Kevin James) look the funniest characters at least for me is like that.
I think that KING OF QUEENS also uses a lot of the Narrative and plot structure as SEINFELD does such as Intersection between subplots. This happen on the episode " Bubble boy" in SEINFELD and happen also in the episode where Doug was rushing with his cousin to prove which one of them was the best deliveryboy.

2 comments:

Kelli Marshall said...

Okay, great! However, can you give me some more examples to support your point? So far, there's only one...

Eltizer said...

I also notice that the setting were they develop or present the sitcom is almost the same. In SEINFELD in Jerry's appartment and in KING OF QUEENS in the Doug's House and they both SEINFELD and KING OF QUEENS also use stuffs such as cereals box, milk, and other stuffs to be the props of the shows.
Another similarity between both shows is that the characters lie backstub and cheat mainly the 2 fat guys( George in SEINFELD and Doug in KING OF QUEENS).